Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I AM NOT MY SKIN

SARCOIDOSIS OF THE SKIN

One in four (25%) of patients will have skin involvement.  These patients will develop painful or red, raised  bumps on the legs or arms (called erythema nodosum), discoloration of the nose, cheeks, lips and ears (called lupus pernio) or small brownish and painless skin patches are symptoms of the cutaneous form of the disease. 

When I developed skin sarcoidosis, I was scared and angry.  The one thing I had  was absolutely beautiful skin; all my life people have complimented me on my skin. I was thinking God of all things, why my face; I already have one negative which is my eye. My bother accidentally hit me in the eye with a rock when I was three; I lost vision and muscle strength in the eye, which make my eyes look real strange at times. I said to myself, now I am going to have  blotchy uneven skin tone to go along with my eye. Well, after months of steroid shots in the face, daily applying steroid cream, I was able to stop my skin form lighting, and resolve the lupus pernio, plaques, and most of the erythema nodosum. With that being said, I am very thankful that my break-out was not as severe as some sarcoidosis suffers.



video courtesy of overseashwy

The facts are taken from the Foudation of Sacoidosis Research (FSR)   http://www.stopsarcoidosis.org/sarcoidosis/diseasefacts.htm
The Video “Heal Sarcoidosis Now Stop the Pain” is allowed under “Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

No comments:

Post a Comment